Saturday 26 September 2009

Bardedjilidji - Let's call it 'The Rock Walk'

With the heat that comes as the sun rises in the sky, it's good to get any energetic projects under way as early as possible. We set off for the Rock Walk in good time.

Then, arriving at the walk, I confess the flies had got the better of me and I succumbed to the 'veil'. I offered the flies a truce; they could have my arms and legs even my neck. But entry into nose, eyes and mouth were forbidden. They took no notice at all - so the veil came out. Peace at last.
Lots of rocks. Sorry, you have to see them.


At the end of the walk there was a tranquil little billabong.
Onwards then to Mamukala flood plain where there is an amazing bird hide. The first thing that caught the eye was a line of ducks - it was as if they were trawling for food, but we know they don't do that.
Magpie Geese by the thousand... the odd Jacana
...Pied Stilts, and many more.
Returning to the camp site. We found what we presumed to be a family of Stone Curlew seeking a tiny bit of shade under some foliage near to our tent.

No comments: